The mission of the Harry Ransom Center is to advance the study of the arts and humanities. Volunteers greatly contribute to the Center's accomplishments and are a valued part of the organization.
Volunteer duties may include, but are not limited to, public service, research service, preservation, inventory and rehousing of collection materials, compilation of finding aids, collection reorganization and maintenance, and working with the public with tours, programs, and exhibitions.
Benefits of volunteering at the Ransom Center include:
- Behind-the-scenes perspective of one of the world's finest cultural archives, including interactions with curators, archivists, librarians, and other experts in their fields
- Specialized training about/on the Center's renowned collections and engaging exhibitions
- Fall and Spring volunteer parties and other social events.
- Access to lectures and special events
- Discount on membership and Ransom Center merchandise
Current volunteer openings are listed below. Please click on a particular volunteer posting to learn more and apply. Please note: volunteer opportunities are based upon the current needs and projects of the Center, and opportunities are not available in every department at all times.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
I understand that by applying for volunteer work at the Ransom Center, I am under no obligation to accept placement nor does this application guarantee placement. I also understand that I may have to submit information and documents necessary for a background check.