Miriam Lutcher Stark Library
The Miriam Lutcher Stark Library, given to The University of Texas beginning in 1925, was formed by Mrs. Stark of Orange, Texas. A portion of it is still housed in the original Stark Library in the Main Building on campus. Mrs. Stark and her family augmented the original gift for many decades and also established and endowed the private Stark Museum of Art in Orange.
A particular strength is the corpus of early and significant editions of the English Romantics. There are also a number of noteworthy manuscripts in the collection, including works by Byron and the Brontes, a long series of letters from Thomas Jefferson to Charles Willson Peale, and some significant Pre-1700 manuscripts.
The Reading Room Will Be Closed:
Always closed on Sundays