Set and Costume Design
- Aronson, Boris (1900-1980). Scenic Design Papers, 1939-1977
- B. J. Simmons & Co. (1857-1964). Costume Design Records, 1878-1969 (bulk 1900-1960)
- Conway, Gordon (1894-1956). Costume Design Collection, 1916-1936
- Conway, Gordon (1894-1956). Papers, 1864-1986
- Costume and Scenic Design Collection, 1800-1970 (bulk 1840-1950)
- Crain, W. H. (1917-1998). Costume and Scenic Design Collection, ca. 1650-1993 (bulk 1900-1960)
- Geddes, Norman Bel (1893-1958). Theater and Industrial Design Papers, 1873-1964 (bulk 1914-1958)
In addition to these major holdings, the Center holds the Robert Downing Papers which contain blueline technical drawings and working technical drawings by Boris Aronson and Oliver Smith. Original renderings by Ernst Stern can be found in the Donald Wolfit Papers. Holdings for Luigi Bartezago, Carlo Fornaro, Emanuele Luzzati, and Alessandro Sanquirico are described in more detail on the French and Italian Collection page.
For an overview of costume and costume design holdings, see Helen Adair and Jill Morena, "More Than Gone with the Wind: Costumes and Costume Designs at the Harry Ransom Center," in Performing Arts Resources 27, "Documenting: Costume Design," ed. Nancy E. Friedland (New York: Theatre Library Association, 2010).