Using the Ransom Center Website
The Ransom Center's website is a rich resource of information about the Center and its holdings, resources, and events.
How do I check the Harry Ransom Center's upcoming events?
From the Harry Ransom Center's home page, click on "Exhibitions" and "Events." On the these pages, you can find information about:
- the events calendar
- the Center's current, permanent, and upcoming exhibitions
- the Center's several web exhibitions, including those on Lewis Carroll, "Gone with the Wind," and David Douglas Duncan.
- the Center's permanent exhibitions of the Gutenberg Bible and the first photograph.
How do I use the website to find information about the Harry Ransom Center's collections?
- The best overview is the Ransom Center's Guide to the Collections, available for purchase at the Harry Ransom Center.
- The website also provides an overview of our collections.
How do I search the Harry Ransom Center's holdings using the website?
- Nearly all of our books are cataloged in the UT Library Catalog. Enter the descriptive information for the book you are looking for, then choose "Harry Ransom Center" from the drop-down menu.
- Under the "Research" subhead on the Harry Ransom Center website, check both the finding aids and the "search" feature, which allows you to search the Center's website.
- Many of our manuscript collections are not searchable online, however. If you have questions about holdings related to a particular figure, period, title, or subject, send us a reference question via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date with the Ransom Center's latest news and events with eNews, the Center's free monthly electronic newsletter.