The following are highlights from materials recently acquired by the Ransom Center.
- Phase I of the Watergate papers including papers for All the President's Men and The Final Days, along with various Watergate notes.
- The archive of actor and biographer Hesketh Pearson including manuscripts, typescripts, correspondence, diaries and notebooks, photographs, and papers relating to his biographies of Arthur Conan Doyle and Beerbohm Tree.
- Additional materials for the Terrence McNally archive including scripts and production material for Corpus Christi, The Full Monty, and A Man of No Importance, as well as 48 computer discs of scripts and script revisions, and audiocassettes.
- Two songs for voice and piano by Anthony Burgess: "Strings" with text by James Joyce and "Ecce Puer," both in manuscript notebook in the author's hand.
- Additional material for the Tennessee Williams archive including correspondence with Edith Sitwell, Truman Capote, and long-time friend and business associate Robert Hines; publicity material from Williams's Fugitive Kind; and additional personal and professional papers and publications.
- Additional items for the Center's archives of Tom Stoppard, John Crowley, Shelby Hearon, Christopher Middleton, Phillip O'Connor, and Arthur Miller.