Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Advise the Director on strategies for achieving the Center’s diversity goals and promoting a respectful and inclusive environment for staff, volunteers, researchers, students, and visitors. Offer and support continuing education opportunities to increase diversity awareness among staff.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote a respectful and inclusive environment for all staff, volunteers, researchers, students, and visitors.
- Advise the Director and senior leadership team on strategies for achieving the Center’s diversity recruitment goals.
- Offer and support continuing education opportunities that increase awareness and empower employees to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Create a platform for topical museum and archives related discussions and a channel to communicate opportunities for professional growth and development.
Resources and Supporting Documentation
- Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan (UT-Austin: 2017)
- University Diversity and Inclusion Action Implementation and Resource Guide (UT-Austin: 2017)
- Core Values Statement and Code of Ethics (Society of American Archivists: 2011)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Association of Research Libraries: 2019)
- Cultural Competency for Academic Libraries (Association of College and Research Libraries: 2012)
- Equity and Inclusion Statement (American Institute for Conservation: 2017)
- Definitions of Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (American Alliance of Museums: 2018)
- Equity Action Plan (Bibliographical Society of America, 2020)
- Style Guide (Trans Journalists Association)